Getting ready to leave Idaho...

I started pre-packing yesterday... meaning I go through my shoes and drawers and closet and decide what I am going to bring before I even get out my suitcase. This may sound crazy, but I like to get things out that I "need" and then go through them again when I am packing and take out the things that are not the necessary. Now, you may wonder why I go to this much trouble when packing, especially since it is packing for 5 months, you would think I would want to bring a lot. Last year we learned an important lesson about packing for the 5 months, we bring way more than we need or ever use! And since this trip is a little different, seeing as we will have a baby with us on the way back, we need to be extra skimpy on what we pack because we have to fit the baby in there somehow :D I know it is very possible for us to pack light, especially since all we really have to bring is our clothes and some other little things, but every time I pack I realize some interesting things about myself, and probably other people too.

1. I am way too "high-maintenance" when it comes to shoes. I currently have 10 pairs of shoes lined up to go. But of course, I have a justification for each pair... tennis shoes for exercise and outdoor activities, basketball shoes for basketball :D, brown flats & black flats-- what I pretty much wear all the time, black sandals & brown sandals--for the warmth we still have left, 2 pairs of black heels-- one pair is sandal-y and one is classic and I like both for church, and finally black boots and grey boots--again I wear them both to church and sometimes to other activities as well. The problem is that we catch summer and fall in washington and that requires different shoes. I know, I'm crazy, but I can't get rid of any of them. I love my shoes!

2. Exercise clothes are just one extra thing to pack... I have gained a love for exercising because of the energy it gives me, especially during pregnancy, but its just another set of clothes to add to the list!

3. I hate socks. They make my feet feel claustrophobic. If I wear socks they are those little sad excuses for socks that fit inside of flats. But I always bring socks just to wear around the house, again just another thing to add to the list. Oh and I hate exercising with socks on! My feet get WAY TOO HOT... I need shoes that are completely made of one single piece of mesh fabric and some kind of cooling in the insoles. Yes, my feet get THAT hot... its very distracting when I exercise.

4. Our expand-o files hold the key to our lives in them! We keep all important papers and information in an expand-o file and I love them!!! It makes it so easy to carry around everything and not have to worry about them falling out of a folder or something.

5. Moving around can be fun but also a little unsettling. I really love Washington, and I love that we get to be around family when we have the baby, but I really wish that we could just stay in one place sometimes. I love the people that we get to associate with in Idaho, our ward is awesome! But I don't really like leaving and coming back all the time. One big thing is that we don't often get callings and that makes me sad, however, I have loved teaching in RS these past few months, but I am sad to leave it. I am totally excited about being able to be in Olalla ward this time around though. I feel very comfortable with them, which is why they call it your "home" ward right? :D

Well this post is incredibly long, and I didn't even post ne thing about the baby. That will be soon to come I promise! Lots to tell about the little guy!

Comments

Popular Posts