Valentine's Day

Most days are pretty boring, tiring, stressful, and did I mention tiring? So when little holidays come around I like to do something, especially with Bryce being in school. For Valentine's Day this year I decided to make it more fun than before. Most of the fun things I did involved food, but honestly that is the cheapest way to do it!

I woke up and made raspberry "I 'heart' you" pancakes for Bryce. They were really good! I just took frozen raspberries and defrosted them in a little bit of sugar. When they weren't frozen anymore, I removed them from the juices and added them to pancake mix.

Then, Aaron and I had some fun with slime! It was a mixture of clear glue and liquid starch (1:1).... Here is some of the fun we had:






Most of the rest of the day was filled with cleaning and cleaning, until about 5:30 when I started cutting pepperoni :D I had originally planned to get a Papa Murphy's heart shaped pizza, but knew I wouldn't have a car, so I improvised. I bought some pre-made pizza crust at Winco... they sell actual crust, not just the stuff in the can or in a box... it's really good, and nice when you have a make-shift kitchen. I also bought fresh mozzarella cheese and a block of parmesan cheese. Back to the pepperoni. I cut out heart shapes from the pepperoni to make them more festive. They were cute!

While cutting the pepperoni, I had a little surprise.  Surprise 1, Bryce came home early! Surprise 2, he didn't have to do any homework! Surprise 3, he brought me flowers! All wonderful surprises :D Warning: here follows horrible pictures of my flowers that I did not feel like editing.





What other fun food did we have, you ask? I cut up some strawberries and put them in this adorable little heart shaped glass bowl my mom gave me a few years ago. We ate the pizza, strawberries, and had sparkling cider. It was by no means fancy, but it was different and fun!


Comments

Popular Posts