How I Wish We Wore Hats!!!


After watching last night's Project Runway I must say that I wish it was acceptable for us to wear hats in our everyday life. The challenge was for each designer to take a hat from Philip Treacy's amazing collection of hats and create a look that would pair with the hat. I loved quite a few of the hats chosen for the show however, most of them were very avant garde, and not necessarily something you would wear all the time. Looking at his website I am beginning to think that I should become a hat wearer! There are some very fun hats that are more wearable. You can not, however, obtain images off of his web site, and the hats that I really loved aren't available on Google image search. I did finally find this fun one... but he really does have TONS of more wearable hats. Check out the "collection" part of his web site to see some fun things.


Comments

  1. I thought the hats were really cool! And I wish Kristin and Casanova would be immediately thrown off the show for thinking that it's not "real designing" or whatever when you have to follow certain guidelines, like using the hat to inspire an outfit or using non-fabric materials. Stop complaining, you're on Project Runway! Suck it up!

    I can't imagine wearing a hat, especially not those ones, because I can't conceive of anywhere that would be appropriate to wear them. I think the richest 1% of the population probably could find an excuse to wear it and people would really appreciate the effort to be fashion forward, but I don't think anyone would ever take me seriously for wearing something like that. Still, it's cool to look at it. Definitely art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those hats were so fun to look at; thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts