Valentines Day Festivities

For Valentines Day this year I decided to have fun and decorate a little... and by I little I mean a little, I literally just used stuff that we already had and tried to "make it work!!" (Oh how I miss Project Runway!!!) NE ways... this is what I came up with. Bryce liked it so much that he decided to take pictures of it!


My first attempt ever at making paper flowers. They were not anywhere close to being perfect or anything, and I really wish I would have been able to make more, but the little baby face boy needed attention :D

I made cobb salad. It's one of my favorites and happened to be on the menu for last night. Can I just say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE having a meal plan. We have a whole month planned out and every monday is "try something new night." I feel so liberated! I always dreaded trying to decide what to have for dinner and now I don't have to. I just look at the calendar and obey. On our way back to Idaho this past December I forced Bryce to help me come up with enough meals for a month (excluding mondays.) And now at the end of every month I decide what to have the next month's mondays. Sorry that was long, its just about my favorite thing right now!!

These are the place mats that I made. They were SO complicated to make (dripping in sarcasm of course.) I just took construction paper and made hearts and glued them to another piece of paper. The most complicated thing was rounding the corners, tracing a circular object and cutting them out. But I didn't think they were too bad. In the center are Kisses and pearls. 

Ok so I know it isn't the most fancy or beautiful thing ever, but it was fun to do something different and for extremely cheap! I hope you all had a great Valentines day too!


Comments

  1. You're so cute! I want to eat your salad and the flowers turned out great! What fun memories.
    It just goes to show you dont have to spend money, just put forth a little thought and effort (hint hint Tyson :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Cute! Your salad is just beautiful!! I love the way you plated it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your paper flowers turned out great!! They really look pretty. Love all your festive decorations! Way to be frugal and fun at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the dinner setting. Very cute, and the salad looked delicious!! I want to make that for dinner now.

    Oh and the planning the month thing is a good idea i feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts