Oh Aaron...

I decided it would be fun to write a post about all the little quirky things that Aaron does. I might be the only person who finds them entertaining (well Bryce does too) but I figured I would document them.

1. This isn't particularly "quirky" but is fun to watch. You give that boy some cars and he will play forever! He has 6 cars that he plays with and he will line them up, pretend to count them, make them crash, stick them in the couch (just to pull them back out again), throw them in his toy bucket (just to pull them back out again), and stick keys in the windows to see if they will start. The one thing that he will never, ever do is drive them on the ground! In fact, that leads me to the next quirk...

2. He will not play with toys on the ground. Cars are driven on the couch or on a side table or on the unused part of a shelf. Books are read on the couch. Other than that, he plays with balls that are all thrown or bounced. Everything must be at or above eye level... Don't ask me why.

3. He does not properly pronounce the word "water." He can say a lot of words, and can say them so that most people can understand them, but for some reason "water" is just not there yet. It is hard to describe how he says it and I have tried to get it on video... I will get it because it makes me laugh every time. It almost sounds like "agua" but with a little more tongue movement.

4. He calls grapes, apples, and oranges "balls" which is understandable. What is more funny to me is that he knows the names for all three; when you say grape he will repeat "grape" but he will never initially call it a grape.

5. He will not say his name. I have tried and tried and tried to get him to say it but he is always "baby." He will call all other little children "baby" as well. I am thinking that forever, he will be "baby" and so will the new baby. We are working on it.

6. I would like to preface this one by saying that I taught him how to do these two things. He says "oooo" when you give him hugs and "muah" when he gives kisses. The "oooo" comes from my always saying "OH!" when he gives hugs because it was so sweet to have him give real hugs; the "muah" comes from us making the noise.... The latter being the only one that I intentionally taught him.

Those are all the things that I can think of right now.

Comments

  1. I find them entertaining and adorable! Give him an "oooo" and a "muah" from his Auntie...and, to you and Bryce too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Balls. I like that. I used to call broccoli "trees" and it confused the heck out of my grandma once when I requested it while staying at her house. I mean, that's exactly what they look like, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fact that he still calls himself baby is ok with us, My kids still call him Baby Aaron. I asked Vic and Ali what will happen when Jamie has her new baby and they said " its ok, we will call her new baby "baby" too. When Aaron starts lining his trucks up by size and color, be very worried, you'll have another vic on your hands. Obsessive with everything, including sports ie. "balls". :) Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good reminder for me to record the cute things they do that I will forget one day! I like Aaron's personality :) I want your address please to send you a little note.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts