The Ramblings of My Mind...

I've decided that I have some things I would like to address... hahaha that sounds official, really I just want to vent and share some stories...

1) My nephew: My sister just had family pics taken. I LOVE THEM! You should look at them. They are the 3rd post down, "The littlest Gator fan." http://myperfectportraits.blogspot.com/
I love them so much!!! Whenever I am at my sisters house, that boy is almost always in my arms. He is so sweet and loving!

2) Life: Why is it that people go about life arguing with other people? I was reading an article today (October 2009 GC... Elder Watson of the 70) and he gave a quote that I loved. He compared it with the type of world we live in today: "All their good feelings one for another, if they ever had any, were entirely lost in a strife of words and a contest about opinions." I fully agree that we are allowed to have our own opinions, don't get me wrong, I just don't feel like it is necessary to attack other people just because they have an opinion that you don't have. Am I wrong in thinking this? I find it beautiful that we all have our own views in life and ways to feel
and cope with situations; and most of the time our opinions come from past experiences, which makes it even more not fair to judge another person on their opinion.

3) The purpose of our lives: I wonder how people can go about their lives thinking that there is no purpose for us all being on this earth. It seems like much too big of a coincidence that a "big bang" happened (or such) and we all just were here; there is definitely more to us than particles that walk around with little crickets on our shoulders. Thats all I am going to say on that subject for now.

4) The nature of a women: I recently was talking with a friend about how women find fun in looking for ways to "put themselves together." I like to look at clothes, accessories, or new ways to do my hair. I wonder if more women do this than I think.... anyone?

This shall be all of my ramblings for today. I have to get back to my homework.

Comments

  1. Item #3: I am one of the people you are referring to in #3, and I have to say I totally understand where you're coming from because I have previously been pretty securely on the opposite side of where I currently am on this issue; I guess all I can say is that it actually seems way crazier to me now to think that religion is correct (a creator, a purpose) than to think that science is correct. I know we're not going to change each other's minds, but I just thought I would mention it. I know I haven't given you an answer that makes any sense to you, but that's how I see it (without getting into the nitty gritty of it).

    Item #4: I think it's fun and I love love LOVE looking at stuff online and going shopping. To me it's interesting that clothes and makeup can make you look so different than other things you wear. It's like reinventing yourself a little bit every time you put on a new, exciting outfit or do your makeup a little differently or whatever. I get bored of looking at myself when I don't mix it up. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts