Never in a million years

Before I go into the reason for the topic of my post, I thought I would post this picture of Aaron. He likes to climb up on my desk (which he has been told repetitively NOT to do of course).... So... The other day I was doing dishes and he was supposed to be in the other room watching a show. I started hearing some grunting/angry noises so I told him to come to me and I would help him, but he never came. This is why:


He couldn't get down. I just had to laugh and take the picture, which I am sure was awesome reinforcement for him to not get up there anymore... not. Anyway, on to the main post...

There are a few things that I never thought I would want as a mom.... #1 being a van. I know I know, they are amazing and have such great space... I am sorry, I just don't ever want one.

While at the mall last week I was watching other moms and thought about how I never really wanted to have a double stroller. For some reason it makes more sense to me to have one only if you have twins. But then as I really got to thinking about it, I came to the conclusion that I have 3 options:

1. Let Aaron walk around. This is NOT a good idea... unless he is on some sort of leash to keep him from running away. He likes to bolt the minute he gets any kind of freedom anywhere. (Side note: I have never been against the use of harnesses... If you have ever been with a child who runs, it is scary, and harnesses are safe. My opinion of course. I know there are many who think they are cruel, but some kids just don't care.)

2. Use a baby carrier and the stroller. I have seen this many times and I am pretty sure it would work ok, it just seems a little more uncomfortable, but probably more realistic than having Aaron run around though.

3. Get a double stroller.

My curiosity got away from me, as it usually does when it means I get to research prices of something, and I really wish it hadn't. Double strollers are expensive! The cheapest one I could find was $160 and it was two umbrella-type strollers side-by-side... not exactly the best thing for a toddler and an infant. The next thing up was this (and I am in love!):



Again, like I said, I never thought I would want one ever, but this one is awesome. The back seat has room to hold an infant car seat, the baby seat (shown in picture), can be a seat with a strap, or a place for older kids to stand. The fact that is it versatile I think is why I was drawn to it. I could use it for a very, very long time. 

Now I am secretly hoping that I am having a girl so that I can have another baby shower and ask for people to help buy this sweet ride. Which makes me feel lame hahaha but it is a little (a lot) above my birthday and christmas budgets. 

Comments

  1. Go garage sale-ing this summer, maybe you'll get lucky and find something similar. I love the double stroller I found (actually Julie found it)on craigslist for $5. It works great, just a little worn looking. I do the carrier and stroller sometimes, but it can get pretty uncomfortable, especially when Libby wants to be picked up. I agree with your opinion on harnesses, it can be super scary if you have a child who bolts, especially if you have other children to watch. Also that picture of Aaron is hilarious! Love it. Oh the crazy things our children do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you're going to do a carrier with a stroller, go with a Moby wrap. Its a little bit of a bit to put on, but its much more comfortable than other carriers, and you can make one of the cheap... its just a 6 yard piece of fabric about 30 inches wide... you can buy 3 yards of knit and cut it in half the long way, then seam it and you've got one. You can find out how to tie it online. But that stroller does look awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts