The non-kid post

Okay so this won't totally be "non-kid" I just figured I would write a bit about the other two people in our house, who aren't as cute as the ones I write about all the time.

Bryce is in the death grip of his last semester. It is so stressful and I wish I could help ease his load a bit, but I have no idea how to help with Thermo dynamics, or heat transfer, or Kinematics..... Although when he tells me about the classes I find the principles very intriguing, and Bryce is great at explaining them to me so that I can understand... Which proves to me that he really understands what he is learning! He is just the sweetest dad in the world! He loves to come home and see our cute little boys and his face just lights up. It is so great for me to see them through his eyes, it softens my heart! I am sad that he doesn't get to spend much time with them but it will come.

I have just been hanging out at home with the boys. Trying to get my pre-baby weight back... not my body- I dont think that will ever come really haha- which has been much much harder this time, but I am getting some good results. I have been running 5 or 6 days a week at 6 am and it has been amazing! I love it because this time of year it is the perfect temperature for it and it is great "me" time. I can just listen to music and run, I love it!

Another fun thing I have been doing is reading. I absolutely love to read! I wish I could do it all day every day but that would be a little excessive :D My friend Aimee was recommended a series of books and we both read them. The first book is called Uglies, the second, Pretties, and the third, Specials. With the names that they have, you would totally expect them to be silly young adult clique novels or something ridiculous like that but they are:

  1. Written by a man, Scott Westerfeld
  2. Are categorized as young adult science fiction novels. 
They are very very interesting! It takes place in the future where everyone is given plastic surgery at the age of 16 to make everyone fit into the standard of what is "beautiful" (Aka everyone is made to look like Barbie dolls with big eyes and flawless skin) so that wars and conflict will end... an attempt at a utopian society. Obviously, there are people that have issues with this, and the book is about a girl named Tally and her experiences. When I first heard the premis of the novels I was a little skeptical, but having read them all now I definitely think they have a "hunger games"-esq feel to them, if you get my drift. They are a super fast read (I read them in about 2 days each.) I like that they are clean books... they don't have inappropriate language in them or anything sexual, a nice change... and, unlike Hunger Games, there isn't much violence in them. They view things like cutting down trees as horrible, so violence is completely out of the question hahaha. I would recommend them to anyone, I really loved them all.

Other than that, not much is going on! I often find myself looking at houses that we could be in less than a year from now! YAY... Very exciting, but I try not to get attached to anything just in case they aren't there when we look. It will be so much fun to have our own place and start making it our home!

Comments

  1. Richard and I read the Uglies series and I really loved them too for the same reasons. Now I am looking for a new series.
    Great job on the running! 2nd preggo weight has been so much harder to lose for me too and it's been 19 months, yikes.
    Good luck Bryce with your classes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts